This class is for those that are proficient at Novice Obedience and want to advance to Open Obedience or are already at the Open level and want to improve their skills.
The Open Obedience class works on advanced obedience skills required to be successful at Open Obedience trials. You will work on Heel Free and Figure Eight, Drop-On-Recall, Retrieve on the Flat, Retrieve Over High Jump, Broad Jump, and sit, down, and Stand from a distance. In order to attend this class, dogs and handlers must be at least at the Novice Obedience level.
WHAT IS REQUIRED TO ATTEND?
2 sets of the DHLPP vaccine ("puppy vaccine") prior to starting class. Rabies vaccination is required at 6 months. A titer is sufficient for vaccination status.
**Prerequisite: Must have passed the Basic Obedience II class or have passed the CGC test. Handlers must have control of their dogs at all times. Any dogs exhibiting agressive behavior will be dismissed from class.
WHAT DO I NEED TO BRING?
1. Small, soft food treats as rewards.
2. All vaccination records (Proof of 2 sets of the DHLPP vaccine) Without these, you will not be allowed in the class.
3. Collar - please no prong or shock collars. No harnesses without instructor approval.
4. Leash - 4 to 6 foot nylon or leather. Please NO retractable (Flexi) leashes.
5. Completed registration form along with the class fee - we accept CASH or CHECKS only.
6. On the first night of class, please plan to arrive 10 minutes early for registration.
7. It helps to have pants with pockets or bring something that attaches to your waist to hold your dog’s treats.
8. YOU MUST have closed-toe comfortable shoes.
You must preregister for this class.
Email is the preferable registration method at this time.
We have a telephone and answering system at the training center if you prefer, but the messages are only checked once or twice a week. To register by phone, please leave a message with your name, phone number, date and name of the class you would like to register for and someone will get back with you. This is an answering service only so please be patient.
You may download, fill out and print a copy of the Class Registration Form to bring it with you along with your payment and proof of vaccinations on the first day of class to expedite the registration process. * You must have Adobe Reader to open the form
For questions, click here. If the email links don't work for you, copy and paste the address, email@example.com, into your email program.
You will receive a phone call or email confirmation of your class registration.
Important: You MUST bring proof of current vaccinations to the first day of class each session in order to participate in the class. This can be a hard copy, or a photo on your phone. We cannot maintain your vaccinations records here, so please do not send them electronically or leave the copy with us.
If you are registering for a class, please download the class registration form fill it out and bring it with you to the first class in order to expedite the registration process so that class can start on time.