Healing and Attention Skills
This class will focus on improving heeling and attention skills, working as a team, and how to use treats as a tool rather than a crutch. Changes of pace, spins, twirls, touches, and other fun skills will be learned to use as rewards. This class will be fast paced so bring lots of treats, a favorite toy, and be sure to wear closed toe shoes.
WHAT IS REQUIRED TO ATTEND?
2 sets of the DHLPP vaccine ("puppy vaccine") prior to starting class. Rabies vaccination is required at 6 months. A titer is sufficient for vaccination status.
**Prerequisite: Completion of the STAR Puppy or Basic Obedience class or approval from instructor. is required. Taking the prerequisite class does not necessarily mean your dog is ready to automatically advance to the next level of training.
WHAT DO I NEED TO BRING?
1. Small, soft food treats as rewards.
2. All vaccination records (Proof of 2 sets of the DHLPP vaccine) Without these, you will not be allowed in the class.
3. Collar - please no prong, choke, or shock collars.
4. Leash - 4 to 6 foot nylon or leather. Please NO retractable (Flexi) leashes.
5. Completed registration form along with the class fee - we accept CASH or CHECKS only.
6. On the first night of class, please plan to arrive 10 minutes early for registration.
7. It helps to have pants with pockets or bring something that attaches to your waist to hold your dog’s treats.
8. YOU MUST have closed-toe comfortable shoes.