Competition Training for Rally, Novice & Open
The training center is open for members to "drop in" and train their dogs for competition. The cost for this training is $5.00 or 1 volunteer hour. There is no set format at these training sessions as the purpose is to allow people to work on whatever they feel their dog needs. There is usually a number of experienced trainers at the facility to help out plus there is a lot of activity which serves to help the dog deal with the distractions of a dog show. Just be aware that if there is a local dog show most of the trainers will be at the dog show so please check the schedule.
This class is for people working primarily on Rally, Novice Obedience and Open Obedience . We will often have people working on jumps in one area and retrieves in another. Just let the moderator know what you need to work on and we will help you to fine tune this skill. Often handlers training in Utility will be found off to the side working on Articles and such using the distractions of the other dogs to help train their dog.
WHAT IS REQUIRED TO ATTEND?
DHLPP and Rabies vaccine prior to starting class. We highly recommend the Bordetella vaccine. You will not be admitted the first day or night of class without proof of vaccinations.
**Prerequisite: The Handler should have advanced obedience training to taking these classes.
WHAT DO I NEED TO BRING?
1. Small, soft food treats as rewards.
2. Proof of DHLPP and Rabies vaccine (Note: The expiration date of vaccines is usually at the bottom of your last veterinarian receipt)
3. Collar - please no shock, prong, or choke collars.
4. Leash - 4 to 6 foot nylon or leather. Please NO retractable (Flexi) leashes.
5. Class Fee - we accept CASH or CHECKS only.
6. YOU MUST have closed-toe comfortable shoes.